Thứ Tư, 29 tháng 10, 2014

Running: Mandiri Jakarta Marathon 2014 (Jakarta) #JAKMAR2014


Signed up to run at Mandiri Jakarta Marathon 2014 (JAKMAR2014) this year held at the National Monument (MONAS) on 26 October. Was running in the 10K category with my local buddy Suryanto.

This race was my 3rd official race in Jakarta after BAJAKJKT 2013 and Pocari Sweat Jakarata 2014.


Race Pack Collection
Straight went to Jakarta Convention Centre (JCC) located near to Stadion Utama Gelora Bung Karno by taxi once landed in Jakarta. There were a few major event happening at the race pack collection venue on that day like Java Sound Fest 2014 and a Fashion Bazaar.

Bazaar Fashion Festival
Java Sounds Fair 2014
Navigated to the race pack collection area according to the signages placed around the area. Saw tons of volunteers with the 'ASK ME' shirt ready to assist participants. I was asked twice by them when I was strolling around the area.

Had a chat with a friendly runner couple while I was checking out my vest size at the race pack expo area.

Direction Signage
Volunteers Ice-Breaking Before Race Day
Sports & Running Expo 2014
Friendly Runners
Race Pack
Running Day
Getting to the race area (MONAS) was convenient for me since I was staying at a hotel less than 1KM away. This was to avoid additional spending on taxi fare. Also, most major road near to MONAS were closed prior to the event. 





Stopped by the baggage-drop booth to store my bag with the cut-out of my BIB tied on it.

The 10K category was flagged at 6.15am, 15 minutes after the FM and HM. The race route was mostly flat and basic suitable for all type of runners. Traffic control was fine as tons of traffic marshalls and police managing the race event.

The weather was really warm and a little humid along the race. Distance and direction markers were seen along the race route. Saw some familiar local running clubs like Tangerang Crazy Runners, Indo Runners and others which were new for me.





Water station was available at KM3 onwards. First water station was a bit of a messed after some confusion by running on the bus-way lane instead of normal vehicle lane. It was hard for runners to shift lanes at that point due to different road height. However, water station volunteers were pro-active enough to send water cups to the runners.








Picture courtesy of Dohar Siburian
Saw lots of photographers along the race route. Good job to all official and freelance photographers covering the event. Special thanks to +Dohar Siburian for capturing my face.

I successfully crossed the finishing line with my 'Sabah' flag at 1:15:24 hours (Cert Time). Received the finishing medal at the finishing line with a bottle of mineral water. Was a bit crowded during collecting the finisher medal. There was also isotonic drink provided.

Finisher Medal
Isotonic Drink
Running Map with Nike+
Exhibition Area
I was really impressed with the event exhibition booths partners and sponsors at the event area. All booths were interactive and engaging. There were also performances on the main stage as entertainment. Love the freebies given out in the area such as BIB holder belt, bananas, face towel, etc. Had the opportunity to take some photos with people and mascots in the area.





















Left the event area for breakfast with Suryanto along Jalan Sudirman. Ended up having Indonesian style 'mie ayam' instead of the usual Malaysian 'roti canani and teh tarik'. Bumped into my Pocari Sweat 2014 running buddies, Sobar Sofyan and Lindriani too.

Mie Ayam
Running Buddies
Review
Medal design was alright. However, finisher medal distribution could be better. I could see volunteers were struggling giving out medals to participants.

Running vest design was fine. I was glad that the organisor managed to get Adidas as their official apparel since the registration fee was a little pricey in USD. However, I was a bit disappointed with the cutting style. Didn't used the official Adidas vest as the S size was a bit off for me. My second disappointment of vest sizing style by Adidas after my experience at Adidas King of The Road 2013 (KOTR). Heard from other participants that some sizes were already out-of-stock upon collection, hence had to be given a larger size instead.




Good self-attached baggage number mechanics but very poor baggage handling management. I could see that there were not enough volunteers manning the baggage area during collection. I assumed that the baggage were not stored according to the correct numbering system. Took me 20 minutes to get my official blue bag. Could be better though.

Excellent photo walls by event sponsors and partners. Most exhibition booth have their own photo wall some with free instant-photo service. Tons of freebies for me to bring home to Malaysia.

Summary: A good race event with excellent exhibition area. Race event management could be better. I had fun running with friendly Indonesian runners.

Can't wait for BAJAKJKT 2014.

Event Recommendation: ★★★☆☆ (3/5)


Mandiri Jakarta Marathon 2014 Completed!

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Popular Posts