Thứ Tư, 24 tháng 9, 2014

Running: 2XU Compression Run Malaysia 2014 (Kuala Lumpur)


Signed up for 2XU Compression Run Malaysia 2014 at a loyalty price with earlier participation at the Singapore version on March 2014. This year, the 2XU and Pink Apple decided to introduced the 21KM category for Malaysia. Similar registration mechanics and race pack with the original version.

Read my review of 2XU Compression Run 2014 (Singapore)
http://xeon204.blogspot.com/2013/12/running-2xu-compression-run-2014.html

I was running in the 5KM category for this round. Hadi was also running for 5KM as his second official race. My usual running ladies, Farah and Yen were running in the 10K category.





Running Day
The 5K category was flagged at 7am. Weather condition was cloudy due to rainy season. Parking was a lil difficult for participants due to running route roadblocks for the earlier categories - 10K and 21K. Got a number sticker where I could paste on my BIB number during depositing my baggage at the counter.

This was my first time running at Lake Garden Kuala Lumpur, which was previously known as Lake Garden. The first KM was a bit tough due to its hilly elevation. Was trying my best to catch up with the running leaders in front after flag off.

For 5K category, there was only 1 water station located at KM4 with mineral water and isotonic drink. 

I successfully crossed the finishing line in 30 minutes (gun time). Volunteers were giving out Revive isotonic drinks, banana and the finisher medal.


Finisher Medal
Running buddies
Running buddies
Comments
The running route selection was exciting and somewhat challenging for a runner like me. Did not expect to start my first KM on a hilly route. 

I was a bit disappointed with the finisher medal design as it was a replication of the Singapore version. No mentioned of Malaysia nor date on the medal to differentiate with the Singapore version.

No designated photo wall area for participants to take their photos with, except the one on the main event stage. However no problem queueing up to take my turn for photo session there. 

Saw tons of photographers at the event. Did not expect much photos since I was only doing 5K. Kudos to all official and freelance photographers covering the event though.

Summary: Still good but basic running event by 2XU and organisor (Pink Apple) on this Malaysia 2XU Compression Run edition.

Event Recommendation: ★★☆☆☆ (2/5)


2XU Compression Run Malaysia 2014 Completed!

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Popular Posts