Thứ Tư, 14 tháng 5, 2014

Running: #SafeRunning with Pocari Sweat Run Jakarta 2014 (Indonesia)



Last weekend on 11 May 2014, I completed my second running race event in Indonesia. The Pocari Sweat Run Jakarta 2014 was held the week after I completed my run at Borneo International Marathon 2014. Flew in to Jakarta city with AirAsia from Kuala Lumpur 2 days before the race day.

Read more about the registration from my earlier post: http://xeon204.blogspot.com/2014/03/running-pocari-sweat-run-jakarta-2014.html

Race Pack Collection Day
Managed to collect my race pack on the last day of Race Pack Entry Collection (RPEC) at Senayan FX in the evening straight after I safely landed at Terminal 3 - Soekarno Hatta International Airport, Indonesia. Race pack collection was fast and efficient. Plus, I was one of the few participant there to collect the race kit. I assume most participants already collected their race kit during day 1 and day 2. The volunteers were very helpful to attend on your enquiries too.


Inside the race bag, you will find:
  • Official Event Adidas Running Tee
  • Race Bib
  • Runner's Guidebook
  • Pocari Sweat Water Bottle (1000L)
  • Adidas Discount Voucher
  • Pocari Sweat Drawstring Bag
  • Shuttle Bus Tag
  • Other goodies from sponsors and partners



Running Day
As there was shuttle bus services for participants to the race venue, I left the hotel and reached Senayan FX at about 3.40 am local time. I managed to make some new friends during the 20 - 30 minutes journey to Alam Sutera located at Tangerang. Im guessing that some of them were members of IndoRunners, an active running community in Indonesia. My Malaysian friend Norheriety who is working in Jakarta was there too. 




Weather was fine when I reached the race venue. Finding the baggage deposit area was easy since there were big and clear signages around the area. I was given a number sticker tag where I could paste on my race bib upon baggage deposit.

40 minutes before flag off, a sudden downpour happens at the venue. Runners had to take cover in the shopping mall parking area with their fingers crossed so that the race will continue as planned. 





The 10K category was flagged off at 6am ++ due to the bad weather earlier. There was a quick group warm up at the starting line before that. I started the 10K run with my new found friend, Wizza Wirastyo at the front group. Check out my Keek videos below.

I was running with the Adidas King of The Road (KOTR) 2012 blue vest instead of using the official running tee. Was planning to wear it during the flight back home later that day.






Water stations were available at every 1.5KM with tons of volunteers giving out the Pocari Sweat's. Distance and direction signs were placed at every checkpoints and turns. Official traffic marshals were stationed along the running route.

There were official photographers positioned at the most major checkpoints. Still waiting for the official photos to be published on their page though. [Official photos uploaded on 15 may 2014. URL: http://www.pocarisweat.co.id/run/foto.php]

Below some photos I took with my iPhone5.

Starting LIne
Runners along the running route
Water Stations
Pocari Sweat and mineral water
5KM Checkpoint



Spotted a runner with a Rhino hat
Running towards the finishing line
Official Photo (With new running buddy)
Official Photo

Crossed the finishing line with the flag at 01:10:23 (Official Chip Time) with my 'Sabah' state flag. Position number 132 within the 10K Open category.

I could hear the MCs in duty mentioning about myself crossing the finishing line with the 'unknown' flag thru the PA system too which gave me an extra boost finishing the run.

I was waving a 'Sabah' flag, one of the 13 member states of Malaysia, and is its easternmost state. It is located on the northern portion of the island of Borneo While land border also share with the province of North Kalimantan of Indonesia in the south. The capital of Sabah is Kota Kinabalu, formerly known as Jesselton. Sabah is often referred to as the "Land Below The Wind", a phrase used by seafarers in the past to describe lands south of the typhoon belt.

Finishing time was at my standard timing. Could actually do a Personal Best (PB) at this route. Maybe in near future with more training and less water station stops.




I received the finisher medal, banana, Pocari Sweat and Pocari Sweat large sport towel at the station few metres after the finishing line. 



Exhibition Area
Head towards the baggage deposit area to claim my baggage where I regrouped with Wizza Wirastyo, Sobar Sofyan, Roethy Metromini, Lindriani Cun and their friends. Their names were based on their Facebook profile though. Had the chance to stroll around the event area while waiting for the return shuttle services at 9am. 

Volunteers taking care of runner's baggage 
With new found running friends
Clear signages
Sponsors & Partners Exhibition Booth
Sponsors & Partners Exhibition Booth
Sponsors & Partners Exhibition Booth
Sponsors & Partners Exhibition Booth
Sponsors & Partners Exhibition Booth
Sponsors & Partners Exhibition Booth
BII Road to Bali Marathon Photo Teaser
Got on the return shuttle on time back to Senayan FX, where I got to know more Indo Runners members. All were friendly people.




During the trip back home, I and my new found friends decided to do a short visit to Wall's Ice-Cream Day which happens on the same day. Unfortunately, there was no free ice-cream as we were too late when we reached the public event.

Ice-Cream Day
Ice-Cream Day
Car Free Day
I ran another 3KM back to the hotel since it was Car Free Day in Jakarta. Taking a taxi back would take some time due to bad traffic in the area. Had to catch my return flight back home in the evening.

Comments
The registration fee was affordable and quite standard for a 10K distance. Runner's entitlement for registration and upon finishing were amazing too. Medal design was very nice. Love the design with a runner holding a huge Pocari Sweat bottle. The sports towel was really useful too. No complaints on the running tee as the design was kept professional with the Adidas sport brand.

Photographer picture quality could be improved though. Not sure if they are using spot focus with fast shutter speed. But thanks for the hard work.

I totally love the event area. There was a lot of photography spots where runners could take their photo without need to queue for a long time. Can't really blame the long queue at the the photography spot with free instant photo though.

Summary: Excellent well managed event by the organisor! Registration was totally worth it.

Event Recommendation: ★★★★★


Pocari Sweat Run Jakarta 2014 Completed!

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Popular Posts