Thứ Năm, 13 tháng 12, 2012

Running: Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012 (Penang)




Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012
After a series of running events throughout the year, i decided to choose the Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012 (APBIM) as my last run of the year. After losing my half-marathon (21km) virginity at BSN Putrajaya Night Marathon 2012 few weeks earlier, my target for APBIM is to improve my 10km finishing time.
The Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012 was held on 18 November 2012 in Penang. This is the last time for the APBIM organisor to held the running event at the old bridge as from what i heard, they will be doing it at the new bridge. 
Since Penang state is consider as my favorite playground, getting around the area was not so difficult. I met my running buddies syah and ash (the teh tarik runner's) as i reached Penang for our cargo-loading session before the running event.

The Run
The 10km runners was flagged-off near to the sunrise time. Me and ash started the race with a strategy to finish before the cut-off time (1:30mins) for its finisher medal.

3km -- The scenery was nice as we were running towards the penang bridge, with ocean breeze towards the sunrise. There was no water station yet at this time.


5km -- my iPhone4 gave up on me. Without my running tracks on my earpods, finishing the race felt like forever - no idea on running time and pace.
10km -- after a few rounds of happy thoughts, me and the teh tarik runners finally finished the race at our expected finishing time.

Penang Bridge, Malaysia --- ✓ Completed!
Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012 Finisher Medal
Titan Booth Finisher Podium 


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Popular Posts