Chủ Nhật, 13 tháng 10, 2013

Running: Care For The Cause at The Pink Charity Run 2013 (Selangor)

Real Men Wear Pink!
It's Pink October! 
As October designated as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, many people put their efforts into showing their commitment to the cause. 

I took part in supporting the cause by running at The Pink Charity Run 2013 organised by Pantai Hospital Klang yesterday, 13th October 2013 at Stadium Padang Sultan Sulaiman, Klang, Selangor.

Registered myself for the 5KM category with my running partner Farrah this time. 

Considering this as a warm-up run for my upcoming runs next week. Will be running for 21KM at BSN Putrajaya Night Marathon 2013 and 10KM Adidas King of the Road the next morning.

Race Details

Date : 13 October 2013 (Sunday)
Categories Distance: 12KM and 5KM

Runner's Entitlement

- Exclusive New Balance Running Singlet
- Race Number Bib
- Finisher Medal for ALL finishers
- After race lucky draw

Running Day
Reached the venue 30 minutes before flag-off. Parking was a bit hard due to total number of participants year. So parking was at first-come-first-serve basis. The RELA officials were well-stationed at venue.

Started the run with some drizzles and light rain. I avoided the road shoulder during my run due to wet and may be slippery. Traffic at the main junctions were properly controlled by traffic officials. Basic water station was available at KM3. During my 5KM run, I only noticed 1 distance marker, made of cardboard at near to KM3. Not sure for the 12KM route.




Beautiful rainbow spotted along the way
Water station at KM3
Finishing line
Finished the run back at the stadium. Collected my medal with goodie bag at the finishing line. Plain water, 100 Plus and a watermelon station were available at the event area for runners. There were also sponsors trucks such as Gardenia, Indo Cafe and Vico giving out free drinks. Great lucky draw prizes. The main lucky prize was a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Tracked my running with Nike+ Running app. running route and elevation level below.



Finisher medal
Sponsor trucks
Sponsor trucks
Sponsor trucks
Sponsor booth
Healthcare education booths


Lowyat Runners
With my ex colleagues from Pantai Pathology
With my ex colleagues from Pantai Hospital
Comments
No traffic cones along the running route. Some vehicles were seen using the same road as per runners. I feel that this may be hazardous to runners safety. Entertainment programme like the dance and singing can be scheduled at a more suitable time with more participants engagement. Lucky draw session can be faster, participants are interested more for the lucky draws numbers to be announced.

Some vehicles along the running route
Race Pack Collection: A big thank you to Mr. Raymond for getting me my actual size of vest during the race pack collection.

I was given a different vest size due to 'out-of-stock'. I understand that some participants may want to change their vest size during the collection day, but best if you can reserve runners actual size during the registration accordingly. 

Summary: Good job to the organisor and partners on their efforts to organise such event. Hope to see a better event next year!



Event Recommendation: ★★★ (3/5)


The Pink Charity Run 2013 Completed!

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Popular Posts